You got a lot going on, I get it so do I. Sometimes I feel a little selfish taking care of myself, but I always remember hearing at a conference. You need to put the oxygen mask on yourself first before you can take care of anyone else. The visual just rang so true for me. How can I be a good mom take care of my children, be a good role model and not practice what I preach? Answer is I can’t!
I’m sure you can relate …
- Exercise later
- Food prep later
- Mental health later
I know I did for many years. I know before I would ever pay for mental therapy for myself I would pay for my daughter. Same thing with a personal trainer, with a coach. Anything for my kids and nothing for me. Well boy, oh boy has that changed.
I just want you to know that you are worth it! When our kids see us as strong role models they follow
See What I’ve learned kids don’t follow what you say, kids follow what you do!
- My mom takes care of her mental health. She is journaling her feelings.
- My mom takes care of her body. She is exercising daily.
- My mom takes care of her emotional needs. She sees a therapist.
See how this works. It may sting a bit, but taking care of yourself isn’t optional if you want to have a full life with a strong mind and body.
If you have no idea where to start with your fitness routine be sure to check out Yvette’s tips to get you started with fitness.
So here are my workout tips for a busy woman
- Stop saying later: saying I’ll do it later. I’ll start on Monday just is the way of deflecting what needs to be done today right now! See it doesn’t take a lot of time. It’s not about how much time you have, but what you do with that time that counts! I’m sure if you stop scrolling Facebook, watching a Netflix show, Or even walking around your house you can find 20 minutes. Strength training 2 to 3 times a week is huge! Don’t get caught up in the specifics that are not significant like, should I eat protein before I workout? What should I wear? What music should I play? What YouTube video should I do? Should I work out in the morning or later in the day? Just start moving. Stop bullshitting yourself with nonsense. If you’re new to exercise just start moving. Pick up a set of dumbbells go to my YouTube channel and start with simple strength workouts it’s less than 30 minutes. Here is one of my beginner strength workouts to try.
- Don’t worry about everyone else: This is your own personal journey. Don’t look at who’s doing what on Instagram or Facebook or what this supermodels are doing or what Kim Kardashian is doing. Everyone’s body is different. Everyone has different genetic factors, Metabolism, and Age. Just focus on you️!
- Do big compound exercises first: Especially if you’re limited on time. You don’t need to do bicep curls. You need to do squats, presses, lunges, dead lifts, push-ups. You’ll reap much better rewards with compound exercises. Definitely more bang for your buck.
4. If you’re short on time go for a full body workouts. I promise you all you need is 20 minutes. Learn more about why 20 minutes is plenty of time to get a great workout in.
5. Do quality movement Seriously, give your training the respect it deserves and make every rep count. Put as much effort into the exercise you can don’t short change yourself and put down your phone!
6. Look at your schedule ahead of time: Schedule your workouts. Schedule your workouts not when you have 15 activities for your kids, but maybe on a Sunday and a Tuesday when things are a little less jam-packed. Think ideal not chaotic.
7. No gym… No problem you could always do body weight workouts: Check out my YouTube channel with body weight workouts. You can literally workout in your bathroom because there are no excuses! Here is one of my favorite body weight workouts you can try right now. Just stop reading now and hit play!
Get your mind right and get it tight. Stop bullshitting yourself today and start training and making time for yourself. Remember not exercising is like a snowfall. Nothing is going to happen right away, but a year or two years from now boy oh boy trust me when I tell you you will say I wish I never stopped! That snow will be 6 feet tall and you’ll say shit. How did that happen?
Let’s get it right my friend I’m here if you need to chat send me a quick email now.
– Yvette Salva –